Here’s what I’ll be writing at the end of this year. I added my work goals this time because it’s also an important part of my life.
- Visited NYC together and saw some Broadway shows
- Both kids are growing up to be independent, happy young adults.
- Enjoyed a fun Vegas Girls’ trip with my mom.
- Did a family vacation to a new spot.
- Visited my parents in Tampa.
- I finally met the partner I’d hoped for and we are building a life together.
- Finally did our international girls trip!
- Hosted a dinner party for my WHIP friends and our partners.
- I successfully supported AHE in our move to GBM
- In our new team, we have radically improved education for all of our customers.
- I was able to get an investment for community and we’ve increased the engagement which has helped support and education.
- I started a Women@GBM group and helped support women in our org.
- Started a Facebook group for my neighborhood and at least half of my neighbors (13 of 26) joined.
- Continued supporting veterans transitioning to tech by participating in VetsinTech and other vet orgs.
- Painting: I attended the International Encaustic Conference in Massachusetts in June. I set up my art studio and completed 20 paintings, enough to sign up for Open Studios in 2019. I have posted my paintings to my art website, encaustech.com, and have sold a few. I’ve begun talking with Facebook about doing an encaustic installation on one of the walls at work.
- Design: I completed a web development course and was able to use what I learned to redesign encaustech.com, which I am now using to both exhibit and sell my artwork. Investigating how to do a small installation at Facebook.
- Writing: I sold the screenplay I wrote in 2017 and wrote another one.
- Fitness: I rode the Peloton bike 3-4X a week and did yoga at least 2X/week. Took a pole dancing class and loved it. I’m exploring options to get certified in teaching yoga.
- Travel: I visited two new places this year (options include Bulgaria, Lisbon, Buenos Aires, Copenhagen, Prague, Berlin, Costa Rica).
- Flying: I renewed my medical and got current again in a small plane. I fly every 3 weeks or so and enjoy taking friends up for flights.